You can find numerous videos on social media showing how sweet English Bulldogs can be. Existing owners of this breed cannot seem to stop talking about their fur babies. Even celebrities including Adam Sandler, Miley Cyrus, Ozzy Osbourne, David Beckham, and Pink. English Bulldogs are great as family pets and are safe around kids. This is just one of the reasons why this dog breed continues to gain popularity among families from different parts of the world. Here are more things to love about English Bulldogs
- Friendly Fur Baby. While there are many different dog breeds that are friendly, the English Bulldogs are exceptionally friendly. This breed wants to befriend all the humans and animals including different kinds of farm animals, rabbits, and guinea pigs among many other animals around it. You will be amazed at how they might look hostile and grumpy yet they are actually friendly and affectionate.
- Enough Exercise. Unlike other dog breeds, the English bulldog does not need a lot of exercise. This is why many people especially those who are usually busy with work and other tasks and errands choose this breed as their pet. They only need minimal exercise in minimal length of time.
- Sweet Sitter. They love sitting on you and that is how you will discover that they are usually their whole size. While there are other dog breeds that seem to shrink multiple times when they get wet because most of them are fur, the English bulldog is mostly dog. That is why they are so huggable and you will love feeling their mass and their weight as much as you will love their affection.
- Constant Companion. You can always count on your English bulldog’s loyalty and devotion. It is happy whenever it sees that you are happy. It is with you wherever you go and whatever you do. It values family and companions over all the toys in the world. This is one of the reasons why it is perfect as a family pet.
- Cheerful and Calm. While it looks grumpy all the time, do not let its looks fool you. The English bulldog is actually a cheerful pet and it always makes sure that it shares its cheers. It is also patient and calm so you do not have to worry about mood swings and that it might get too aggressive. This is what makes it safe even around kids.
- Funny Friend. From its side-looks, laugh-like facial expression whenever they run, loud snoring, eternal naps, under bites, “crazy times”, and their other exceptional facial expressions, they often ignite awe, wonder, and curiosity. This makes people want to learn more about English bulldogs and once they do, they instantly fall in love with this dog breed. It is guaranteed to make you laugh everyday.
The English bulldog is sure to give you a daily dose of cuteness, of sweetness, and unconditional love giving you even more reasons to love it back.
Picture from Sandov’s English Bulldog “Sandov’s Lilac Tri Merle Scarface”